Wednesday, February 29, 2012

How It All Started

Some of you may know that last August I committed to a 1-year self-improvement project (à la Gretchen Rubin’s The Happiness Project) that I’m calling Project 33. My theme for March is to challenge myself. I’m embarking on what might prove to be the most rewarding month of my project and I’m inviting you along on the journey. Lucky you… J

A friend of a friend recently directed me to the website High Existence and the post 30 Challenges for 30 Days, a listing of 30 challenges for stretching yourself outside your comfort zone. (And, let’s face it, who’s not stuck in their comfort zone at the end of the dreariest month of the year.) The idea is to choose one, two, five challenges and stick with it/them for 30 days. Challenges range from easy to hard. The whole experience can be as hassle-free or as challenging as you make it. Some examples include:

  •  Talk to one stranger each day (hard)
  • Practice a completely selfless act each day (easy)
  • Take the stairs at every opportunity (easy)
  • Give up alcohol for 30 days (depends...)

And what better way to stick to a resolution than to be accountable to others! I’m starting my 30-day challenges on March 1st and I invite you to join me (yes, I know March has 31 days, but I figure the 31st day can be for reflection, introspection, celebration…all that cheesy stuff). Peruse the list of challenges by following this link (http://www.highexistence.com/30-challenges-for-30-days/). Email me back if you’re interested. I’m starting a little community, complete with motivational support, progress updates, and (best of all) some sort of celebration of our achievements at the end.  

Come on, it’s only 30 days. What do you have to lose? Other than maybe a bad habit…

Sarah  

PS. Just to clarify, you do not have to do all 30 challenges! Just choose a few (or one) and do those (or it) for 30 days. If you want to do a different one every day, go for it. If you want to make up your own challenge, go for it. I support you 100%. It’s all up to you. And for those looking for a more physical challenge, see these links (more than 30 days):

No comments: